Thursday, March 1, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook March 1, 2012


FOR TODAY March 1, 2012

Outside my window...  It is still dark outside and the wind is howling.  I am anxious for the light of day to see if there has been any wind damage.

I am thinking... that He is I AM.  He is sufficient, He is perfect, He sustains all, He is all in all.

I am thankful... that God is full of mercy and grace and that He has chooses to work in my life.  I am also thankful for a warm, safe house and for my husband that works so very hard to provide for us.

In the kitchen... cinnamon rolls are rising and they are almost ready to bake.  I love it when the children wake up to yummy smells in the kitchen.  I will take my husband's breakfast to him on the farm this morning since he won't have a chance to get away to eat.

I am wearing... sweatpants and an Ohio State sweatshirt.  And thick warm socks!

I am creating...  all things Spring in our home!  Since it is March 1st, I am transitioning everything from Winter decorations to Spring.  I have to put some finishing touches on our Spring wreath and I have to put together our front door decoration (not a wreath per se).

I am going... to stay close to home as much as possible today.  There is so much to get done!

I am wondering... what God has for the two little ones upstairs sleeping.  I yearn for them to follow hard and faithfully after our Lord.

I am reading... Surrender by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.  It is not an "easy" book, but needed.

I am hoping... that God will do dramatic and amazing things in my life,  in the lives of my family, and in our church family as well.  We will be having revival meetings at our church at the end of this month and I am anxiously anticipating what God will do in the next few weeks and months.

I am looking forward to... seeing my husband at the end of the day.  He will have a very long day today and I am already awaiting the time that he will be home and able to rest.

I am learning... what it means to fully surrender to God.  In my human will, it seems so scary but who better to trust?

Around the house... not a creature is stirring, not even the cat!  The wind has died down a bit and there is a blissful silence in our home that is only broken by the ticking of the clock.

I am pondering... those loved ones that have already gone Home.  I selfishly wish that I would have had more time with them here on earth.  I think of my dear grandmother and the wisdom that she had.  I would love to hear her voice and be able to seek her advice.  I wish my children would have been able to dance and play with her the way I did.  I have so many memories that make me smile.
I think of my uncle, whom I loved dearly and that loved me as one of his own daughters.  By human standards, his life was cut far too short.  I just wish he could see me now.  I miss his laughter and shining eyes.  I swear there are days that if I close my eyes I can still hear him singing.
I think also of my husband's first wife.  Yet another life that was cut too short.  What an amazing woman she was.  I wish that I would have known her more.  Every once in a while I wonder what it would be like to talk to her.  To seek her advice and to hear her stories.
Someday, we will all be joined together again.  What a glorious day that will be when we will stand hand in hand with those who have gone before and we will sing His praises!

A favorite quote for today... is a long one taken from the NLD book I am reading.
"O God whose will conquers all,
There is no comfort in anything
  apart from enjoying thee
  and being engaged in thy service;
Thou art All in all, and all enjoyments are what to me
  thou makest them, and no more.
I am well pleased with thy will, whatever it is,
  or should be in all respects,
And if thou bidst me decide for myself in any affair
  I would choose to refer all to thee,
  for thou art infinitely wise and cannot do amiss,
  as I am in danger of doing.
I rejoice to think that all things are at thy disposal,
  and it delights me to leave them there . . . .
I can of myself do nothing to glorify thy blessed name,
  but I can through grace cheerfully surrender soul
  and body to thee."
            ~ From "The Valley of Vision: A collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotion"

One of my favorite things... the way my children cannot help but laugh when they are playing together.  My daughter's laugh is simply wonderful and my son has a great sense of humor that causes me to break down in giggles despite myself.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Finishing up Spring decorations; my daughter's "friends" birthday party on Saturday (well overdue since it was postponed due to my son's hospital stay!); planning and then starting a new RAK (Random Acts of Kindness) project with the children called "Ministry Mondays"; and then of course menu planning for the next two weeks!

A peek into my day... The kids love playing down by the creek that runs along our property.  Our dog loves it just as much!


Follow or create your own Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Whatta great way to spend some time....PLAYING! :) Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete