Monday, March 12, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook March 12, 2012


SWDB March 12, 2012

Outside my window... as always it is still very dark (I always seem to blog early in the morning).  I'm still getting adjusted to such a "late" sunrise with the time change.  It seems harder to get moving when it is dark for so many hours when I get up!

I am thinking... about so many things.  I am planning the last minute details for a field trip we are going on tomorrow; I am thinking ahead to the revival meetings our church is hosting in two weeks and I am tweaking our menu plan due to some great sales!  I am also thinking that our cat might be part French.  I have been playing music all morning, but when a song came on in French, she raised her little head and perked her ears up!  :)

I am thankful... for my husband's improved health.  He has almost had 3 weeks of almost no pain!  He hasn't had a stretch that long since last summer.  Praise God!

In the kitchen... I am thawing a bunch of meat.  I am making up a big batch of meatballs today.

I am wearing... jeans, a blood donor t-shirt and a zippered sweater.  I am sure I will lose the sweater soon enough as it is going into the mid-fifties today!

I am creating... nothing crafty at the moment.  We have been crazy busy!

I am going... to the chiropractor today with my hubby and children.  Hopefully, we will also be kicking off our "Ministry Mondays" today and visiting a lady from our church that is in a nursing home after schooling is done.

I am wondering... what God is preparing for me and my family.  He seems to be working in so many hearts.  I am curious.

I am reading... "Surrender" by Nancy L. DeMoss

I am hoping... that Christ returns soon.  I selfishly long to see Him face to face and be in His glory!

I am looking forward to... the warming trend we are seeing in our weather.  It is so refreshing to breath in warm(er) air and hear the birds chirping!

I am learning... too much to put here!

Around the house... it is still quiet.  I am letting the little ones sleep in since they were away this last weekend.

I am pondering...how grateful I am for the many people God has placed in my life.  I have been pondering how blessed I am to specifically have so many godly women in my life.  I long to learn more and more from these women.  If only there were extra hours in the day!

One of my favorite things... joining my husband (when I can) in the early morning milking.  I simply love spending hours upon hours with him.  I think he enjoys the "femininity" I bring to the miking, too.  If nothing else he gets to chuckle at me as I refer to the cows as "ladies" and that I have a tendency to sing to them or compliment how pretty they are or on the quantity of milk they give.  I love that my husband allows me to join him and how he is teaching me more and more each time.

A few plans for the rest of the week: field trip, starting into 4-H for this year, schooling, menu planning, birthday party this weekend, and more.

A peek into my day... We had a brief chance to stop at the park nearby to enjoy the sunshine yesterday with the kiddos.


To create your own or to read other Simple Woman's Daybook click below!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet!!! You call the cows ladies, I love that! I would too if we had cows. And I don't blame you a bit for talking and singing to them. Animals may not speak our language, but they communicate just fine and it does not hurt to be nice to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping that Christ returns soon, too. But so many are not ready to meet him....

    It sounds like you have a wonderful life! This is my first time here and I really enjoyed reading your post. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete