Saturday, December 10, 2011

RACK day 9

Yes!  Another anonymous RACK!  We took the kiddos out to eat (their favorite Chinese place and we haven't been there in quite a while!) before going to look at Christmas lights.  My husband was done with work (side note: being a dairy farmer your never really done with work.  He was relieved by another worker who took over the milking so my husband could be with the family.) earlier than usual so we were able to get out to the restaurant a little before the typical dinner hour.  We sat down and there were only a couple other tables with patrons there.  Soon enough, the restaurant completely filled up.  We had one amazing waitress.  She was quick, efficient and friendly.  I love having a good server.  I also strongly believe that if you are going out to eat, you need to plan for a tip.  Not just a bare minimum 15%, but the ability to leave a generous tip.  I have never been a waitress, but I think they deserve to be treated with respect and paid appropriately for their service.  The waitress we had for dinner was exceptional.  Early on in I asked my husband if we could RACK her.  We had not RACK'd anyone yet and our waitress seemed to be a perfect "target".  As the dinner went on, I quickly saw what a great waitress she was.  When it was time to pay the bill, I tried to discreetly pull out on of our RACK cards from my purse.  I folded the card in half and tucked a large tip inside.  I have no idea what was going on in this girl's life, but I do pray that she was blessed.  I love this stuff! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment